Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A Reason I Came to GW

As I am sure many of you heard, this past Saturday Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert hosted the "Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear" on the National Mall.  Events like this drew me to the Nation's Capital for my education tenure.

So I woke up bright and early at 6:45am to prepare for a long day of standing in crowds.  I met up with some friends before heading over to the Mall for the once in a lifetime event.  Luckily my friend had received VIP tickets through his fraternity and we were able to be right up front.  Even being one of the shortest people I know, I was able to see the stage and a Jumbo-tron pretty clearly through out the entire rally.

Stewart and Colbert brought out all the stops and used all of the connections they have to bring celebrities.  Cat Stevens, Ozzy Osbourne, Sheryl Crow, Kid Rock, even R2-D2 made appearances.

This was one of my favorite parts of the rally....only Stewart and Colbert could get away with this...



It is events like this, inauguration, guest speakers, museums, internships, and great opportunities that help me love GW!!!

Bloggers---Why do you love GW? Share your reasons for attending!

Remember, if you have any questions please email me at kwollner@gwu.edu!

Kim    

No comments:

Post a Comment