Saturday, November 6, 2010

Homestead Farm: The JJ Adventure

GW Housing Programs recently hosted a trip to Homstead Farms for my dorm, Building JJ, along with a few of the other small sophomore dorms. Two weekends ago, I took the opportunity to go pick out some apples and a pumpkin!
I'm the pumpkin, of course. It's my favorite holiday food!
Picking our own apples
The Pink Lady apple orchard
Overall, it was such a great experience to get away from the city and relax while enjoying the fruits of fall!! I now have such delicious apples that I've been snacking on and my pumpkin has been sitting outside carved. I'll try to get a picture of it up soon.
GW TRAiLS ALWAYS hosts trips to the farm along with other fun adventures. Check out their calendar here!

Questions? Want to swap pumpkin pie recipes? marisaw@gwmail.gwu.edu
-  Marisa

No comments:

Post a Comment