Monday, November 29, 2010

What to do next

While the Fall semester is wrapping up, I am looking farther into the future than the Spring.  It is that time of year again folks.  The time when seniors are not only worrying about classes, tests, and papers, but also what to do with themselves after graduation.

I have already decided what field I want to be in, so that is a step in the right direction.  After working in admissions for 4 years, being a house staff member, giving tours/interviews, and leading a student organization, I am planning on staying at college.  I would like to pursue a career in higher education administration.  Now this could mean a lot of things.  I could become and admissions director who reads applications and recruits across the country.  I could become an executive assistant for a dean or associate vice president who organizes their schedule and follows up on loose ends.  I could work in student life organizing events and coordinating with students to make sure their experiences are great.  There are so many things I can do!  So where do I start?

Last week I applied to one of the greatest GW programs, the Presidential Administrative Fellowship.  This program would not only place me in a job within the university, but it would also allow me to be a full-time student pursuing a master's degree in Higher Education Administration.  This is one of the most prestigious programs at GW and I am honored to even have my application read. I will be sure to keep my readers updated with the progress of my application.


Besides PAF, I am obviously applying to Graduate School.  I just opened the Graduate School for Education and Human Development's application and I know I have my work cut out for me, but it will all be worth it.

That is about the extent I am into my job search.  It is a slow start, but at least I am not waiting until the last minute.

I hope your college applications are going well, and remember I am right there with you. again.

If you have any question please email me!! I love hearing from you!

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment