Thursday, November 4, 2010

Orchard Festival Fun

I hope you enjoyed your Halloween! Mine was fantastic. I love the whole Halloween ‘season’ (the entire month of October) that leads up the fun-filled day itself. For example, in mid-October, GW’s Alumni Weekend took place and my older sister, Vickie (a former student and admissions blogger here at GW) came out to visit me! While she was here, she attended my two home volleyball matches (Friday and Sunday) and on Saturday, we along with a few of our friends, traveled to Maryland for an Orchard Festival!

We rented a car and drove 35 minutes, arriving at the cutest little festival, complete with children’s face painting, slides, a barn full of hay to play in (for the children of course), apple picking, a craft store, a pumpkin patch, and hay rides. Needless to say, we spent a good amount of time there. My personal favorites were picking out my very own pumpkins from the patch (which are now on display around my dorm room) and the hay ride.

The weather was beautiful and it was a day very well spent. Considering how much fun I had and its relatively close location to campus (the drive went by very quickly), I will definitely be attending the Orchard Festival again next year.

Here are some pictures:


-Christie

No comments:

Post a Comment