Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving Break on Campus

Everyone is writing about going home and being with their families for Thanksgiving, but since I am from Oregon- it really is too far for me to go for such a short time. Instead of going home, I am going to be part of the small minority staying on campus for the holiday. Fortunately for me, all of my roommates have decided to stay back as well (another from Oregon and two from Minnesota!). The dorms stay open to accommodate the West Coasters and the International students, though a lot of eateries on campus will be closed so that GW staff can relax with their families. We are all looking forward to relaxing, cooking, and cleaning during our three days off from class.
What I am hoping for Thursday night!
A great GW friend is hosting me for Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday night, which I am very excited about. I would be way more upset about staying on campus if I weren’t able to get the Thanksgiving grub! While I am disappointed that I can’t hang out with my sister and play with my dog, I will definitely have the opportunity to do that in less than a month when I return home for Holiday break!

Since today is the last day of class, I am beginning this short break by cooking my own pumpkin pie. Check it out below, it turned out quite nicely!! I am now whipping up some maple whipped cream... this is definitely going to constitute my dinner tonight. Maybe I'll compliment it with a salad from J Street.
My pie (all ingredients from Trader Joes)
Hope you all are enjoying the time off and let me know if you need company on campus over break :) marisaw@gwmail.gwu.edu
- Marisa

No comments:

Post a Comment