Sunday, November 7, 2010

Classy Off-Campus Eateries... on Gworld!!!

As a part of GW's "meal plan", we've got an allowance that could be spent at off-campus restaurants--and great ones, at that!  Naw really though, these would be among my favorites regardless of whether they were on our Gworld cards or not.  So here are some of my choices for off-campus dining.  These are the upper tier--a bit more expensive sit-down places, and my next post on foodstuffs will be on to-go's and quick bites.

Aroma Restaurant (1919 Eye Street)
Really tasty Indian food.  It's also just a hop, skip, and a jump off campus, so it's convenient.  Almost too much so!  It's on the pricey side, but yummy and worth it.  My friends and I are all about the CTM.  That's our acronym for Chicken Tikka Masala.  Really though, we'll be like, "Hey, you down to CTM tonight?"  We're really cool.


Paper Moon Ristorante (1073 31st Street)
I stopped into this place before even knowing that they were on Gworld, and then when I found out, it was such a pleasant surprise!  They have really really awesomely good Italian food.  Also, the decor is very pretty inside, there's all these drapey curtains and dim, romantic lighting and dark woods everywhere.  Plus big windows that open out to the hilly cobbley Georgetown street!  A definite winner.


Thai Place (2134 Pennsylvania Ave.)
(This spot doesn't have a website!)  Try the Drunken Fried Rice.  It's super yummy, but not for the faint of heart.  It's got some generous spice!  Thai Place is also the closest Thai restaurant to campus, so you have no excuse BUT to feed your Pad Thai or coconut-y curry-y goodness cravings!  They also do take-out.


Cafe Tu-O-Tu (2816 Pennsylvania Ave.)
I've only been here twice, regrettably, but I've vowed to go more often after my roomie went yesterday and was raving about their soups!  Personally, I'm partial to the panini.  I adore panini sandwiches.  It's also a great place for if you want a Georgetown-y style cafe without trekking the extra 10 minutes into actual Georgetown.  Tu-O-Tu is like, right on the border between the West End neighborhood and G-town, so it's very close to campus, though still more of a journey and change of scenery.


Wasabi Sushi (908 17th St.)
Hip, trendy ambiance, mood lighting, and great sushi!  Note: this location is related to Wasabi To Go, the sushi spot in 2000 Penn.  However, I find that the off-campus location, aside from being better for a sit-down meal as opposed to take out, is a bit fresher and certainly has more options.

Hope you like my picks!  Check 'em out!  Then, email me with your thoughts: ShireenS@gwmail.gwu.edu

~~~Shireen

1 comment:

  1. !!!ALERT!!!

    two of my friends went to Paper Moon this weekend and their GWorlds were denied! i'm outraged, that was my favorite Italian place since NewsCafe closed! now i don't have any GWorld spots in Gtown for some homey Eye-taliano!

    Grrrr.

    ReplyDelete