Tuesday, November 16, 2010

FALLing in love with the Mount Vernon Campus (The Vern)

So I realize this is kind of a late post since fall is now giving way to winter, but I wanted to take the chance to show you some of the beautiful pictures I captured of the Mount Vernon Campus last weekend. Coming from Texas where trees come in two colors, brown and an occasional green for a short time, the red, crimson, orange, gold, yellow, and brown leaves carpeting the lawn fascinated me. I hope you enjoy.
These are the Hillside Commons- Cole, Merriweather, Clark,  and Hensley.

SQUIRREL! 


Main academic building on the Vern

Come play tennis with me on one of our 8 beautiful courts...Isn't this picture perfect
 Remember that the Mount Vernon Campus facilities are open to all GW students so even if you choose to live on Foggy Bottom, you can still come enjoy the nature from time to time or do that and get Sunday Brunch J It is so nice for these last few days to be able to open the windows and let our dorm fill with the aromas of fall. I truly love these new things called seasons and can’t wait for Winter, but then I’m going to have to learn to wear pants/jeans. YIKES!!!!!

I can’t wait for the holidays and hope all of your applications are getting done. In a few months, your future will be ahead of you as the Cherry Blossoms come to bloom. Hopefully you will consider the dual feel GW offers- the city and suburb feel or a downtown campus and liberal arts college atmosphere

Please feel free to email me with any questions or comments that you may have about my post or anything about GW in general and if I can’t answer your question to my satisfaction, I’ll find out from a friend.

-Brandon M.

No comments:

Post a Comment