Saturday, December 4, 2010

Gelman Study Rooms

As you've probably heard, Gelman is our not-so-beautiful library on campus. I can't complain too much, but sometimes in comparing to other schools I feel like we're left out of the cavernous rooms with stained glass windows and ornately carved wooden chairs and tables... like this picture:
Library at Boston College
Yeah. Jealous. But one of the things that I LOVE about Gelman during finals is the study rooms! There are 30 or more small rooms that are available for you to reserve with our new study room reservation system. You are able to reserve them several weeks in advance, so I already have a few room staked out around my finals. You have to be working with someone else in the room, so you can't monopolize them if people need to do group work, but it's a great way to get out of your dorm and still feel like you have your own space in the library without other people working on top of you.
Study room on the 6th floor
In fact, I am in one right now studying for Chemistry and writing a paper for Black American Literature. My friend Liz has joined me and is studying Latin American politics. Hope everyone gearing up for winter break! marisaw@gwmail.gwu.edu
- Marisa

No comments:

Post a Comment