Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Still In DC

Well GW has cleared out for the Holidays and there are very few people left…and I am one of them unfortunately. Yes, I am still on campus but thankfully I leave later on today. Why am I crazy and still on campus on December 22nd? I was supposed to have two exams yesterday, with the last one ending at 10pm (which is too late for me to fly out on Tuesday obviously). Now I booked my flight home quite a while ago with this in mind, so when my professors for these two classes decided to be nice and move/change the format for the exams so the students would not have to stay until the 23rd, I was a bit annoyed. My stat exam, which was the one from 8-10pm, was moved to December 14th and became my first final exam. The other exam I was supposed to have yesterday was Criminal Law and that was turned into a take home essay paper and was due last week. Unfortunately, I could not change my flight to earlier because it would have cost too much money; plus I could only have moved it up one or two days because I still had an exam on the 20th (Intro to Physical Geography). (In case you are wondering, my other final exam that I have not mentioned was last Thursday the 16th- -Latin final).

It is like a ghost town around campus and in my dorm. Both of my roommates have already left as has most of my building. The only people I have actually seen on campus in the last few days was when I went to the bookstore to return the books I rented and I overheard everyone saying that they were leaving that day. So, here I am, listening to Christmas music and drinking hot chocolate, doing last minute cleaning and packing before I leave in a few hours.

Switching topics, this past weekend, my roommate and I went to the Downtown Holiday Market (just like fellow blogger Kim did). Last year I went with my sister, Vickie, who is a GW graduate and former admissions blogger. In all honesty, I have to say that the quality of the vendors was a lot better last year. Last year there were more vendors and there were multiple things that I wanted to buy but couldn’t because I did not have enough money. This year however, I brought extra money and had things in mind I wanted to buy and all I left with was a package of Christmas cookies (while these cookies were good, they were not the reason I went). Despite this, I still had fun. It is a cute little holiday market that helps me to get in the Christmas spirit. Here is the link for the market: Downtown Holiday Market Website
And here are two pictures to give you a better idea of what it looks like:



-Christie

No comments:

Post a Comment