Saturday, December 25, 2010

An Unconventional Christmas

As I am mostly Jewish, Christmas is a great time for my parents, sister, and I to get together and relax- but make up some of our own traditions since Christmas is not our primary holiday. This year, since I wasn't able to make it home for Thanksgiving, I missed out on our usual feast of delicious Thanksgiving dishes. I suggested that instead we make it tradition to have a (second) Thanksgiving on Christmas, turkey and all! So today, my mom and I have been working in the kitchen preparing some delicious food for tonight.
Hello, gorgeous
My Favorite Thanksgiving Menu!
- Turkey.. duh
- Stuffing with chestnuts
- Green beans
- Sweet potatoes with marshmallows
- Roasted vegetables
- Cranberry sauce
- Gravy
- Martinelli's apple spritzer
- Pumpkin pie

So there is our unconventional Christmas dinner.. ham free! Our other Christmas tradition is watching the great movies that are free on TV. We're currently making our way through ABC Family's "Home Alone 2"... So great
Merry Christmas everyone!
- Marisa

No comments:

Post a Comment