Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Preparing for New York!!

Like I said before, I am heading to New York City during the upcoming long weekend! I am so excited considering I haven't visited the city since I was 8 years old and considering I'm from the West Coast, our big cities are very different than NYC. I've already thought about the things I need to bring, unfortunately the homework I need to bring or get done beforehand, and budgeted out my weekend to make sure that I'm not spending way more than anticipated!

I've been reading reviews of our hotel ("for budget travelers who don't plan on being in the hotel often and who are accustomed to shared bathrooms i.e. students, the tiny rooms are offset by the downtown location") and it sounds exactly like what we want :)
A picture from the hotel's website.. definitely tiny!
I've also been asking a lot of my friends for ideas as to where to eat, go on museum tours, walk around, and so on. I'm really wanting to create a good plan for the weekend so if anyone has any ideas as to where I should visit/tour, please comment on this blog and let me know! There is the obvious Central Park and MoMA, pizza stops and Dylan's Candy Bar, but where are your favorite NY places?

If you're really ambitious, you can also email me with your favorite list! marisaw@gwmail.gwu.edu
- Marisa

3 comments:

  1. Grimaldi's Pizza, located under the Brooklyn Bridge. Worth the walk from Manhattan times a thousand. Also, walking the bridge is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shireen! I also got some great ideas from an email from a hopeful transfer student who recommended the Rockefeller Center, Serendipity, and Two Bros Pizza. Looks like I'll be eating well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ellens stardust cafe in times square. all the employees are trying to make it on broadway and constantly sing songs, its incredible!

    ReplyDelete