Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A Care Package

Today I picked up a care package put together by my one and only mother! Since Freshman year my mom has been putting together odds and ends things and sending them to me randomly during the semester.  (She even sent one to me in Sydney!!)

She packs everything into a Flat-Rate Shipping box from the post office and it is here pretty quickly.  She mailed it out on Saturday, it was at GW on Monday.  I would have picked it up sooner, but package services never sent me an email :(
If you live in a GW residence hall all of your packages go through Student Package Services.  This means you don't have to be around to sign for a package.  They sign for all of them and then contact the students.  There is some processing time, but it isn't as bad as waiting around your room for the mail man.

My favorite installations of this package were the Trader Joe's gift card of course and the Valentine's themed socks!  I also always appreciate the loads of candy she send me, but she is never forgetting about the effects of the candy on my teeth.  So you can see she included a new tooth brush! (It's the little things in life...haha)

What would you want in a college care package??

Don't forget to email me!

Kim

1 comment: