Monday, January 31, 2011

Freshman Recipe Book: MICROWAVE FUDGE

This is going to be the last installment of the Freshman Recipe Book for a while, so I decided why not end with something overly decadent?  

This is real, folks.  You can make fudge in the microwave.  I can't take complete credit for this idea, my aunt actually gave me the recipe.  It's easy and just simply very good.  Plus your hall will forever love you if you break them off a piece of dat FUDGE.

What you will need:
3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
¼ cup (half a stick) butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
¼ tsp salt
¾ cups chopped walnuts, optional

What you probably already have: 8x8 inch pan, aluminum foil, nonstick cooking spray, microwave-safe bowl.

In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips, condensed milk, and butter.  Microwave in one-minute increments until melted, about 2-3 minutes. Stir just to ensure all the chocolate is melted, then add the vanilla and salt.  Add walnuts, and stir until the mixture is smooth and well combined.

Pour the fudge into the prepared pan and smooth it into an even layer. Place the fudge in the refrigerator to set for at least 2 hours. Once set, cut into 1-inch squares and serve at room temperature. Store excess fudge in an airtight container in the refrigerator.


As I said before, this will be the last Freshman Recipe Book post for a while--I just don't want to become a one-trick pony!  They'll be back eventually, I promise.  But in the meantime, I'll write a post in a few days that compiles all the recipes so that they're easier to find!  You are most certainly welcome.

And as per usual, I will now beg for you to write me emails.  Please?  No really, write me!
ShireenS@gwmail.gwu.edu

<3 Shireen

No comments:

Post a Comment