Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas/New Years in NYC

Happy New Year everyone! I hope you all are enjoying spending time with family and friends. This is actually the first decade where I've been able to recall everything throughout the last 10 years of my life hah! This is also my first Christmas/New Years back since my study abroad experience in London; it's interesting that not much have changed at home since my year away. For example, I was walking through 5th Ave and of course Saks had its annual window and snowflake displays beautifully decorated.
  
Across the way was Rockefeller Center with the iconic Christmas tree and ice skating rink.
I was only able to snap a few photos as I was walking up the street, there were far too many tourists for my liking! I completely forgot to take pictures of the NYC blizzard since I was so preoccupied with shoveling snow and staying warm. The city has cleaned up fairly quickly, but the roads are certainly still treacherous around my neighborhood in Brooklyn. I hope you all have officially sent in your applications and are enjoying the last few days of break!

Serena

No comments:

Post a Comment