Sunday, January 30, 2011

NY Times' "The Minimalist"

If you're planning on coming or already attend GW, you need to start reading a good newspaper source. It can be the Washington Post, NY Times, BBC online, etc- as long as you get some headlines daily, you'll be able to chat up a storm with classmates.


I love to read the NY Times and it's the homepage on my computer. The one thing that always catches my eye though is the food columns :) I have one in specific I tend to gravitate towards- Mark Bittman's "The Minimalist." Usually he has videos along with a description of the food, making it easy for you to watch and play along.


Mark's motto is: "I am striving to make cooking accessible, and battling the ascendance of “convenient” processed food and a general decline in quality." I completely agree with his statements and always find his food accessible. My favorite recipes of his include:

  • Crustless quiche if you're just hungry for some savory filling
  • Sorbet without needing an ice cream maker!
  • The easy, made from scratch, pancake
  • And many more!!!
I also recommend his article- "So Your Kitchen Is Tiny. So What?" Sounds right to me :) “All you have to do to cook is want to do it. The kitchen is never the problem.”
- Marisa

No comments:

Post a Comment