Thursday, January 20, 2011

It's all real now.

The commencement schedule is up. Dates are set. Speakers are chosen. And the application is in.

I know it is a few months away, put the university is already preparing for Commencement 2011.  In November the GW hatchet announced that Mayor Michael Bloomberg will be the keynote speaker at the All-School National Mall Ceremony.  Mayor Bloomberg was chosen to continue the universities focus on service.  As a prominent politician he has given back to his community with the creation of the Bloomberg Family Foundation donating over $700 million to numerous charities. 

One of my favorite parts of commencement is the National Mall ceremony.  All of the graduate and guests have a clear view of the majestic Capitol Building through the stage.  How many of your peers at other universities can say that?
GW is also great at organizing events for seniors during what we call "Grad Week." It is a long list of events and outings that help bring a happy conclusion to our four years here.  In the past events have included double-decker bus tours of the city, baseball games, happy hours, and the Zero Year Reunion. 

I am super excited for Commencement and can't wait to have my whole family out here at the same time! (I don't think that has happened since my sister's commencement in 2008.)

I know a lot of you can't even being to think about your college graduation, you are all much more focused on graduating from high school.  But I thought this would be a great thing for you to look forward to if you do attend GW.

Don't forget to email me if you have any questions!

Until next time!
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment