Monday, January 17, 2011

My Favorites

Today was my day of rest and relaxation.  I caught up on emails, read for my classes, washed some dishes, put away groceries (which were delivered to my door) and watched my favorite shows.  I thought I would share these favorites with you....

Pawn Stars-- As odd of a name as this sounds, this show is great!  It is on the History Channel, which often does marathons.  It follows the happenings of a Pawn Shop on the strip of Las Vegas.  They get some really weird things from gold medals, jewelry, toys, and cars.  It is interesting to hear the history about the items that come through the store.

How I Met Your Mother-- One of the funniest shows I have ever seen and it never gets old.  This smart comedy is the story of Ted's life leading up to meeting his wife.  The twist is that he is telling the story to his children (hence the name) and after almost 6 full seasons we still have not met the mother!  If you are looking for a show to pick up this is the one! (oh and Neil Patrick Harris is the best!!)

American Pickers-- Another History Channel hit!  Two men travel the United States to pick through junk yards, barns, houses, and anything they can find.  They buy some items and resell them in their antique shop in Iowa.  Again I love hearing about the history of the Americana items they find just lying on the floors of forgotten buildings.

Those are three of my favorite shows for now.  Like Christine I also watched a lot of football this weekend and I will be sure to have my "Da Bears" blog before the big game this coming weekend!

Hope you are all staying away from this weird, icy weather we are having in DC.  Remember, if you have any question please feel free to email me at kwollner@gwu.edu.

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment