Wednesday, January 19, 2011

DC Restaurant Week--yum!

This week is DC Restaurant Week...nomz! I already have a few lunches planned for this great city event and can't wait to try out a bunch of different restaurants with unique menus! What exactly is Restaurant Week? Well, it's a week where more than 200 of Washington, DC’s restaurants offer 3-course lunches for $20.11 and 3-course dinners for $35.11, thus going to swanky/pricy restaurants a lot more affordable!

Yesterday I had lunch at Bistro Lepic, a French restaurant in Upper Georgetown and had a fantastic experience. The decor was pleasantly furnished in blue and yellow prints, my waiters were all French and the entire experience made me feel like I was in a Parisian cafe again! 

For our appetizer, I had a delicious pate and my friend had escargots in a pesto garlic sauce.

For our entree, my friend had a duck confit with sausages in a bean stew and I had salmon crusted potato with a grape reduction (this was brillant--the fish was so elegantly cooked and seasoned!)

For dessert, we ended with classics--Creme Caramel and Creme Brulees!
I hope you enjoyed this food journey with me! I'm going to another lunch on Sunday, so I'll definietly give a review of that restaurant when I come back!! -Serena

No comments:

Post a Comment