Thursday, January 20, 2011

Favorite Distractions

With Kim posting some of her favorite shows, I thought I might also indulge in sharing some of my favorite on-campus distractions with all of you. Lately, as school is getting back into the swing of things, I haven't had that much time to really enjoy the little time I have at home just hanging out. My roommates and I decided to change that!

Movie watching- This past weekend, my roommates and I all crowded on our couch to watch Cruel Intentions on none other than the glorious YouTube. Someone had mentioned wanting to watch it, and even though I have Netflix, it's not online except for on YouTube so we enjoyed that weirdly incestuous movie together with popcorn. I don't really recommend it, it's a pretty strange movie.

Ice cream eating- Ah, there is nothing like the wonderful FoBoGro to indulge you in the best Ben & Jerry's flavors. This relatively new high end store on 19th Street is only a block away from our dorm, so we snuck out around 11 last Friday night to go get individual pints of ice cream. The owner sold them to us, commenting that we were the only people in there not buying beer or wine. We were also wearing pajamas. Cool life I have :)
Yoga- I have gotten pretty obsessed lately with yoga. For the first week of every semester, the classes are free at the gym so you can try anything out before you buy a pass to one class or a pass for the semester. Here is the spring schedule of classes! For yoga and pilates semester passes, they are $63 and for all the cardio classes included as well is $80. You can also drop in for a class after the free class period for only $6. A pretty good deal if you ask me! I've tried to go almost every day because it's so relaxing and de-stressing. The teachers here are young because they're fellow students (mostly grad students) but really good!

So there are a few of my tips on how to de-stress and procrastinate :) I hope everyone is doing well!
marisaw@gwmail.gwu.edu
- Marisa

No comments:

Post a Comment