Monday, January 24, 2011

Planning for Long Weekend

So sometimes you just need to get out of DC.. and then it never happens. You think about making plans, try and look up planes, trains, buses, lodging.. but the costs end up being more than you asked for and you retreat back to your room at GW because you've already paid for it and it's comfortable.

I have done this break after break for long weekends and it kills me! So I am finally getting out of the rhythm. I haven't been to New York City since I was 10 years old when I went to go see Lion King on Broadway with my mom and sister. I can't remember the food, the sights, the streets, and I want to go back!
So I just started planning. Not my average planning, but actually booking Megabus planning and booking a hotel planning!! My boyfriend and I are going to spend two nights in the Meatpacking District because we got a hotel for around $90/night and the bus ended up being $35/person roundtrip! Not too bad for what it can be.

I'll update you all more as the date gets closer but it is possible to escape from campus if you plan it right!! :) New York, here I come in 3.5 weeks! Questions? marisaw@gwmail.gwu.edu
- Marisa

No comments:

Post a Comment