Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Firsts of the Lasts, and GWork

While I was not able to attend the senior breakfast, I did have my last first day of undergrad ever on Monday!  Soon I will have my last midterm, final, and paper!

It seems like only yesterday I was sitting in your shoes: all of my applications in and only waiting to hear decisions back from my top choice, GW.  I can assure you this semester's blogs will be filled with sentimental memories from the 4 years at this wonderful institution.

While I may be lingering on the past I am also looking to my future.  I am on the second draft of my personal statement to graduate school and will have my application in by Friday! scary!  I am searching for jobs everywhere I can!

The main place GW students look for jobs is through the Career Center's online database at gwork.gwu.edu.  As a GW student or alumni you can use this site to find internships, part time, or full time employment opportunities.  They have Fall, Spring, and Summer jobs posted.  And there are generally more internships posted on GWork than the number of undergraduate students so I am sure everyone can find something they are looking for.

The Career Center also hosts numerous events ranging from Career/Internship Fairs, Resume workshops, networking nights, and much much more.

I have found my internships as well as campus jobs through GWork!  It is a great resource available to only GW students/graduates!

I hope you are all doing well in the cold weather and snow!  Please let me know if you have any questions and I will be happy to answer them! kwollner@gwu.edu

Until next time!
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment