Sunday, January 30, 2011

Study Abroad Applications!

Hello all,

I am currently applying for several study abroad programs for the coming fall semester. I never would have thought that it takes so much effort! Since I went on a summer study abroad last semester, I have gone through this experience before but it was way less intense. This time, I am planning for an entire 15 weeks abroad instead of 8!

Programs I am looking into:

SIT Chile Public Health, Traditional Medicine, and Community Empowerment
16 credit program based in Arica, Chile studying Spanish and experiencing Northern Chile!

SIT Chile Cultural Identity, Social Justice, and Community Development
16 credit program based in Valparaiso, Chile studying Spanish and experiencing coastal Chile, outside of Santiago!

IES Ecuador Area Studies & Language Program
Program based in Quito, Ecuador studying Spanish with visits to the Galapagos and the Amazon!

I think I have some great options and need to get some of the paperwork in, including teacher recommendations, a copy of my transcript, personal essays, and more. I'm excited to hear back from them!

Questions? marisaw@gwmail.gwu.edu
- Marisa

No comments:

Post a Comment