Wednesday, January 26, 2011

My Experience with Restaurant Week

Sadly, with Restaurant Week ending, there will be no more cheaply available food from very expensive and classy restaurants. I was fortunately able to go out to dinner twice this week which is really rare for me and experience two awesome DC restaurants so I thought I'd share my under 21 experience since Serena shared her over 21 experience with mojitos :)

First stop: Firefly. American cooking at its finest with countless touches that speak to reducing, reusing, and recycling. Their decor is amazing with a floor to ceiling "firefly tree" hung with lanterns and lit with candles. I had the seasonal vegetable soup that was a pumpkin and sweet potato, a grilled bistro steak with creamed spinach and au gratin potatoes, and a pear crisp sundae with ginger ice cream. Wow!!

Second stop: Zaytinya. Innovative Greek, Turkish, and Lebanese cuisine. I had a delicious veggie salad, falafel, grilled chicken with garlic sauce and grilled tomatoes, and shredded lamb stuffed into phyllo dough. This was all followed up with delicious walnut ice cream on top of greek yogurt and honey. Mmm!
Falafel :)
Hope you enjoyed these delicious menus. I sure did! This makes me want to get out into the city more often and enjoy all the delicious food it has to offer!!
Questions on restaurants to visit with parents while checking out GW? marisaw@gwmail.gwu.edu
- Marisa

No comments:

Post a Comment