Saturday, January 15, 2011

GO PACK GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because I am currently watching the Green Bay Packers postseason playoff game on TV, this post is dedicated to my love of the Packers and how I continue to show my love from over 700 miles away.

Seeing as though I am from Wisconsin, I am an avid Green Bay Packers fan (NFL team in case you are not a sports lover). And so, every Sunday I have been either glued to the TV screen (if the game is nationally broadcast) or my computer screen (if it is not and I have to keep track of the score online) for hours at a time. Even though I am away from home and out of Packer territory, I still keep up with my game day traditions while at college. These traditions include: wearing my Donald Driver or Aaron Rodgers jersey, wearing my cheesehead (if you are not aware of what this is, you will see), Packers temporary tattoo, using my Packer blanket, and eating bratwurst (brats). It is also fun because I know a few Packers fans that go to GW, so I know I am not completely alone. Here is a picture of a dedicated fan wearing a cheesehead:


What made this NFL season even more interesting is that one of my roommates is a Philadelphia Eagles fan and they played the Packers in week one and first round during the playoffs (last weekend). I’m proud to say that the Packers won both games, much to my roommate’s dismay (and now her team is done for the season). The competition in the room made the games even more exciting.


me and my roommate

my packers blanket

Now back to watching the game.

-Christie

No comments:

Post a Comment