Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Cab Doz Getaway

So if you haven't noticed, I've come from underneath my rock and you'll be hearing from me a lot  over the next couple of days as I avoid studying (:

Over this past weekend, I was kidnapped by my Colonial Cabinet fam (just kidding!). But all of the Colonial Inauguration staff (Colonial Cabinet and CI Staffers) went on a spring retreat/leadership getaway over the weekend. Although I can’t really say much about the retreat because its a surprise and a little bit on the down low, I can say it was an awesome bonding experience and although we left tired and smelly, we came back on Sunday loving each other more than we did when we left. 

Despite the fact that our more time intensive job commitments begin this summer, throughout the second semester we have weekly trainings, office hour commitments, and other events we have to attend including basketball games, April visit days for prospective students, and two retreats. We had our winter retreat towards the beginning of the spring semester and in past years this retreat is usually held the last weekend in the semester. But, because of some changes in schedule, we had it a bit earlier this year. 

Spring Retreat (:

At our winter retreat!

Chilling during GW's Spring Fling

Buff Out Basketball Game

Stuck together in a random elevator lol

With two trainings left in the semester and one more week of office hours, my cab fam and I  are getting ready to meet all the amazing incoming students. As a result of our overwhelming excitement for the summer, we have given ourselves the name “Cab Doz” which you may often hear us drop from time to time. 

If you are a prospective student-- GET READY!! This summer/fall is going to be exciting and fun but be sure to register for CI! I may have briefly mentioned it in an earlier post but once you register for CI you will be placed in a small group. Each Cab member is a small group leader. We will be there to make sure everything runs smoothly for you, and to also answer any and all questions you may have. The faster you register, the faster you hear from us, and get some Cab Doz lovin (: 

Until next time: if you have any questions, comments or just want to chat-- always remember I am only an email away! anstone@gwmail.gwu.edu


Stay Classy Colonials,

Alyse

No comments:

Post a Comment