Tuesday, April 24, 2012

NYC for the Day!


Last week, I had the pleasure of going on a trip to New York City to represent the Undergraduate Engineering School through the School of Engineering and Applied Science Student Peer Advisory Network (SEASSPAN). SEASSPAN is that mentor program I had previously mentioned I am apart of-- definitely one of my favorite on-campus commitments. 

So, the mentor program president and myself went up to NYC to attend a dinner with an undergraduate admission office and a professor from the engineering department. We attended a dinner at Atlantic Grill in Manhattan for students who had been admitted into the engineering school. And then I got to stay in this cute little bed and breakfast style hotel about 10 block uptown. 

Atlantic Grill- The yummy restaurant we ate at
Working in the undergraduate office for the engineering school and being a mentor has really showed me I love talking to students and their parents about GW and SEAS so I had a great time on the trip. It was obviously also nice to have a fabulous three course dinner and stay in a hotel on a “school night”, for free.

The trip ultimately showed me the beauty of living in DC though because as a GW student, we do have the option of getting away to New York for the day when ever we feel like it. Although the train can often be rather expensive, the bus is dirt cheap and sometimes only  $1 when you book it in advance. And the buses are SO nice! They have wireless internet, comfortable, nice seating, and you can sit on the top floor of the bus with all the nice windows. To top it all off-- the bus stop is right at Union Station which is easily metro accessible. Life is good as a GDub student! 

Until next time: if you have any questions, comments or just want to chat-- always remember I am only an email away! anstone@gwmail.gwu.edu

Stay classy future Colonials,

Alyse

No comments:

Post a Comment