Friday, April 27, 2012

Curious George + Engineering = So much FUN (:


Happy Friday Readers (: 

I’d like to comment on the ridiculously GORGEOUS weather we are having today in Foggy Bottom. The environment on campus is definitely thriving today. I got out of class today and the Panhellenic Conference Council got an ice cream truck to give free ice cream to everyone on campus (free ice cream + gorgeous weather = happy Alyse). The Panhellenic Conference is the umbrella organization under which the social greek sororities on campus fall under if they are not under the Multicultural Greek Council umbrella organization or are a Professional Fraternity.  Social fraternities that are not professional and that do not fall under the Multicultural Greek Council are apart the umbrella organization called the Inter Fraternity Council.    

Wait... but my Friday gets even better-- the engineering org Engineers Without Borders was having a BBQ with footballs and nerf guns and a kiddie pool in Kogan Plaza (should have snapped a photo-- it was very dope sorry!). Although the food wasn’t entirely free, my gworld balance is definitely looking rough and I will take a $2 meal any day. Yep, today’s a good day.

Now back to the point of my post: so this past Wednesday, the engineering school (SEAS) hosted about 300 three to five year olds for a big Curious George event. With the help of a lovable student dressed up in a Curious George concert, we taught the kids about the various engineering disciplines through hands on activities in the Smith Center and then we ate lunch with them. It was an all around really fun event and fun day and everybody involved had an awesome time. I was on the planning committee since the event was run through the office I work at (Undergraduate Advising Office in SEAS) so I definitely had an awesome time because (a) I LOVE children and (b) I LOVE planning events. So it was a win win situation. I was looking for pictures to post for the event but everyone in the office is gone for the day and cameras have gone M.I.A. but once I find them, I will definitely post them up (: 

Until next time: if you have any questions, comments or just want to chat-- always remember I am only an email away! anstone@gwmail.gwu.edu

Stay Classy Colonials,

Alyse

2 comments:

  1. I just love reading your blog! It is pretty amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It means the world to hear you're enjoying my writing! I'm definitely new to this. Feel free to hitt me up with any questions you may have. And remember-- stay classy (;

      -Alyse

      Delete