Monday, April 16, 2012

Spring Fling!

Yesterday GW had it's annual "Spring Fling".  To celebrate spring and beautiful weather and the last blissful days before finals, GW Program Board puts on an awesome concert and hosts all sorts of activities throughout the day to entertain us and give us an excuse to procrastinate homework.

This year's guest was my favorite yet, and fitting for my last Spring Fling.  We had CHILDISH GAMBINO!  If you don't know him, go take a listen.  I'll be here when you get back.

...

Cool, right?  Yeah, he's pretty great.  Very witty and clever with the lyrics, but not sacrificing on good beats and musicality.  His real name is Donald Glover; you may know him as Troy on NBC's Community.  He also wrote for 30 Rock for a while--my favorite show.  Allow me to get inside baseball for a second: *HE* is the true voice behind "Werewolf Bar Mitzvah", not Tracy Morgan!  Google it.

So everyone congregated in the Smith Center (our basketball/big event auditorium) for an amazing concert last night at 7, and it was definitely as good as I expected.  Probably better, actually--I didn't expect everyone to know the lyrics as well as they did, it's great when you're all collectively singing along.  He even freestyled about GW and DC during the encore, and it's always nice to get a shout-out!  It was just fantastic fun.  I re-fell in love with his musical stylings.



Above are pictures my friend took from the concert--I didn't feel like busting out the camera, too busy dancing and getting crushed by people who were virtually moshing everywhere.  Was still happy with it, though!

As usual, email with questions and comments about GW or whatever.  shireens@gwmail.gwu.edu

<3 Shireen

No comments:

Post a Comment