Sunday, April 15, 2012

Great Falls!

Hi Colonials! Hope everyone took advantage of the absolutely beautiful weather this weekend. I spent my Sunday hiking in Great Falls National Park. It's about an hour north of GW and is a great escape from the city. Even though I am from Maryland, today was my first time hiking at Great Falls. 

We woke up in the morning, hopped in a friend's car and headed to the Park. On the way we bought the necessities, which in included a surplus of trail mix and Gatorade. Once we started on the trail, I was surprised to see just how big the Potomac River actually is. Yes, a portion of the river runs through DC along the Georgetown waterfront, but in Great Falls there are so many jagged rocks and natural beauty. Most of the trails run along the river and have spectacular views of the waterfalls once you hike up a bit. We had the most fun going off on the smaller paths that lead to the edge of the cliffs with the best lookout points.



As a future Gdub student, I hope that you take advantage of not only DC's amazing scenery, but all the cool places right outside the city! Until the next adventure...

Alexa  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment