Thursday, April 26, 2012

Hello again!

Hi everyone,

It's been awhile since I've updated you guys!

I just went to the FRESHFARM farmer's market behind the Foggy Bottom Metro stop on Wednesday, after a review session for a final exam. I have been constantly impressed with the variety of foods that are available from such a small amount of vendors (there are around 12 booths, and it covers just a small area of campus). While Whole Foods tries to source sustainable and local foods, this farmers market an even better option as the foods have been literally driven to the market by the farmers themselves and you can talk to them about their produce!

This week, I walked away with the best goodies. I finally decided to try Atwater's selection of whole wheat breads. I also picked up some of my favorite apple cider and some eggs.
Atwater's "Sunflower Flax" bread
Cage free and speckled eggs
Quaker Valley Orchards apple cider
Overall, it was a great shopping atmosphere even though it was a little cold out. I love going to the farmers market because you are able to sample all of the produce and the yummy things they have- from salsa to soups to cider to baked goods! You can go hungry- something that I don't recommend doing in a normal grocery store : )

Hope everyone is ready for Friday to come and go- I definitely am ready for the weekend!
- Marisa

No comments:

Post a Comment