Monday, April 23, 2012

Cheesecake Paradise

Wassup Colonials! 

I know its been a while-- as many of us can tell you April becomes one of the busiest times of the year here at GW. Although it has been very busy, no time is ever a bad time to make some cheesecake! So, as I continue to blog you will probably realize that I LOVE food. I love going out to eat amazing food, I love cooking different kinds of foods whenever I have time, and I also love to bake. 

Since this is a common theme amongst all members of the Stone family, there are a few good family recipes-- one of which is my ultimate favorite: sweet potato cheesecake. So my friends and I, after finishing classes and doing our homework for the day, set to the task of making the cheesecake-- neither of them knew much about baking or cheesecakes but it was a learning experience for everyone. I think we could have assembled the cheesecake faster if we weren’t so out of it but it took about 45minutes to assemble the cheesecake and then it baked for about an hour. You have to let it cool, so we put it in the fridge over night and enjoyed it the next day (nommm!).






I have a huge sweet tooth and used to love running over to the Cheesecake Factory back home in LA when I needed a fix but the closest cheesecake factory is a couple of metro stops away (which really isn’t that far at all). So when I get lazy and need a fix I result to making my own. With Wholefoods right across the street from my dorm, Jackie B. Kennedy Onassis Hall (JBKO), shopping is always made easy. (I think I live in the best sophomore dorm on campus-- just saying). And I guess I should also add that Wholefoods does have an amazing bakery, I just have a habit of getting very specific food cravings. 

My mother would kill me if she found out I blogged about the family recipe so if you ever  want to try to make a sweet potato cheesecake, www.allrecipes.com is a good website to go through to find anything you might be itching to make. It is common for GW kids to bake and make amazing desserts that you would usually only get from the comfort of your home. In addition to there being baking clubs on campus, once you become a sophomore, you are guaranteed to have a kitchen in your room for all the upperclassman dorm options which is awesome. Just remember to buy the right pans and a mixer and you will be all set (:

Until next time: if you have any questions, comments or just want to chat-- always remember I am only an email away! anstone@gwmail.gwu.edu

Stay classy future Colonials,

Alyse

No comments:

Post a Comment