Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Off to the Market!

I've always loved the Foggy Bottom Farmer's Market, chock-full of locally-sourced goodies  every Wednesday afternoon from 3 to 7pm.  It's one of the joys of living in a city and living in Foggy Bottom, if you ask me.  But it's tough when I'm strapped for cash or just not carrying any--a lot of times I leave home only with my Gworld card, keys, and my phone--I always kicked myself when the market was around and I couldn't shop due to lack of funds!

Image source: the 'net
But now, the market takes GWORLD!  That's the card we use to tap into our buildings and pay for things on campus, and now it'll be accepted at the market!  It's coming a bit late for me, but I'm still excited for the little use I'll be able to get out of it the rest of this semester!  Not only is it super convenient because I won't have to carry change, it'll also be a great way to spend Gworld money rather than on my go-to lunch spots... I gotta add some variety to my diet!  Plus it's certainly healthier and better for the community, too!

And now, since it's Wednesday afternoon, I'm going to buy some orange blossom honey or artisan bread or something awesome.  Ciao!

As always, email with questions about GW, DC, or organic eating (not really that last one). shireens@gwmail.gwu.edu

<3 Shireen

No comments:

Post a Comment