Thursday, January 27, 2011

Two Hour Delay!

As noted by Adam, all classes after 4:30 were cancelled yesterday due to awful, awful weather. Of course, I was already sitting the classroom with 2 other kids waiting for the lesson to begin when one of them got the email.  We had all decided to take refuge in that class instead of braving it home from the ones we had before only to have to go out again!  And then it was cancelled!  Not that I'm complaining.  I'm DEFINITELY not complaining.  I hadn't done all the readings, so I used the time that I would have spent in class finishing that up.  Yay for playing catch-up!

And today, we have a 2 hour delay, of sorts.  Wooooot!  All classes scheduled before 10:00 are cancelled, which is nice because I had one at 9:00.  (Yeah, I'm up anyway though...)  But this is still great!

Funny story: DC was expecting either 3-5 or 5-10 or 10-12 inches, but looking outside, I don't think any of those happened.  I'm looking outside my window right now and Eye Street is completely clear.  The sidewalks are messy, but the road just looks a little wet, no white to be seen.  As usual, we overestimated the precipitation :(

Snowpocalypse 2010--unlikely to happen again, for better or worse.

Send some reader emails, kids!  ShireenS@gwmail.gwu.edu
~~~Shireen



No comments:

Post a Comment