Sunday, February 13, 2011

Potluck Dinners

Recently, many of my friends have been having potluck dinners in their dorm rooms and apartments. It's been a great way to get everyone together for a "real" home cooked meal without having to do all the work myself. Some people are naturals at putting together the main hot appetizers or the main dishes, but I usually stick to bringing a soft cheese and flatbread crackers because everyone likes that and you know it'll be eaten.

My favorite menu items from potlucks:

  • Baked brie.. oh my gosh, this is the absolute best. Melty brie surrounded by puff pastry, mm!
  • Red velvet cupcakes for Valentine's Day
  • Really wonderful cornbread, homemade
  • Nice salads with interesting toppings
  • Spreadable cheese like Alouette or others with bread/crackers
The star of the month: My friend Amanda who whipped up stuffed flounder. This is a picture of it before it made its way into the oven to cook... it's still pretty impressive looking!
Questions? marisaw@gwmail.gwu.edu
- Marisa

No comments:

Post a Comment