Monday, February 28, 2011

Halfway Done!

As I mentioned in my last post, I'm graduating a semester early, in December 2012.  That means a lot of things.  But as of now, the most remarkable thing about it is that TODAY, I AM HALFWAY THROUGH MY COLLEGE CAREER!!!

Today marks the middle of this semester, and it is also means that I've been at GW for 3.5 semesters.  Since I'm graduating after 7 semesters, I'm halfway done with my stay at Gdub!  It's simple math!  Simple, but scary math.

I'm very obviously and very understandably excited by all this, but it's also a bit foreboding!  In a bit over a year, I'll be at the open of my last semester here--and attempting to break out into the job market.  I know I've still got a while, but it seems sooooo soon!  I definitely don't envy this year's seniors, they have to deal with it sooner than I do!

I plan on staying in DC and hopefully in the Foggy Bottom/West End area when I graduate, at least for a few years, but that's of course presuming I can even find work!  So we'll see how all that goes...  All I can say to y'all is GET INTERNSHIPS.  They'll open doors and pave the way.  For real.


***Speaking of which, the office of Congresswoman Nita M. Lowey is looking for interns for their DC office this summer.  Apply now!  Send a resume, cover letter, and short writing sample to NY18internship@mail.house.gov***


Sorry about the shameless plug, I interned there last spring and they asked if I could get tell friends to apply.  So apply, friends!

But back to me.  This halfway point is definitely a milestone, and I have that wonderful delightful mixed feeling of excitement and nerves all bundled up into one.  I'll continue to explore this as I hit more milestones in my graduation timeline!!!

Email me!  ShireenS@gwmail.gwu.edu

~~~Shireen

No comments:

Post a Comment