Sunday, February 27, 2011

The absolute most inopportune fire alarm.

I guess there could have been worse times for a fire alarm, but last night in my dorm (JBKO), some jerk caused the alarms to go off at around 3:30 in the morning!!!  My roommate and I are both under the weather to we had long been asleep, and that was the worst wake up call we could possibly imagine.

We had both been wearing shorts, so we had to put on pants, grab our coats and keys, and run out of there.  However, in the hubbub, I forgot to put on shoes!  Also, I had taken alka seltzer before I went to sleep to ease my cold symptoms, so I was a bit loopy to begin with.  It took me about 5 minutes standing on the cold, hard pavement outside before I realized I wasn't wearing shoes!  And that became the majority of discussion among my friends as we waited to be cleared to re-enter the building.  Apparently in my sleepy daze I said, "When we get back inside, I'm gonna put on my shoes AND THEN go to bed... yeah!"  I guess that seemed like a really triumphant action at the time.

Luckily, UPD and the fire department cleared the building fairly quickly, and we were only outside for 10 minutes or so.  And no, I didn't put shoes on before going back to sleep.

But so help me God if I find whoever caused that fire alarm from a frozen pizza gone awry or burnt microwave popcorn for late-night munchies... they'll get a piece of my mind!


Send me emails!  ShireenS@gwmail.gwu.edu
~~~Shireen

No comments:

Post a Comment