Monday, February 7, 2011

GREEN BAY PACKERS ARE SUPERBOWL XLV CHAMPS!

As most of you know, yesterday was Superbowl XLV and my favorite team, the Green Bay Packers, were victorious against the Pittsburgh Steelers! So, as you may have guessed, I had been anxiously awaiting the game for a while and it was well worth it.

It took me a while to figure out what my plans would be for the game, but I decided to have some friends over to watch the game and have a mini Superbowl party. And by mini, I mean mini (only roughly 9 people). So, I made brats and hotdogs, the classic tailgating foods, chips with queso and sweet and sour dip, cinnamon streusel muffins, and oatmeal cookies (just because I had the mixes and they looked good). I was unable to take a picture of all the food because by the time I thought of it, the food was almost completely gone.

Needless to say, I was all decked out in my Donald Driver (#80) Packer jersey (who unfortunately suffered an ankle injury that made him sit out the entire 2nd half), my cheesehead, multiple Packers temporary tattoos, and wrapped in my Packer blanket. So, yes, I was clearly a bit enthused about the game and for a little while towards the end, I was stressing out. But after that last Steelers incomplete pass, I was ecstatic.

With all the hype around the big game, there have been some funny videos and songs about the wonderful Packers. Let me share my favorites:

Please pay special attention to the dancing in this one. These kids are awesome haha:



And of course I loved the Lil Wayne song, “Green and Yellow.”

Now time for pictures:
pregame
oh yeah!
post game celebration
post game celebration continued
post game celebration continued
-Christie

P.s. I swear this is my last Packers post (at least until the next NFL season)…

No comments:

Post a Comment