Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Tonight's Gonna be a Late Night in Gelman...

Hello there everyone! I hope you're asleep (okay, you're normal and probably not) because normally I am getting ready to be at this time. Usually I try to go to bed by 12:30 AM on weekdays because I have 9:35 AM classes and I can't function with less than 8 hours of sleep. I prefer more but literally I can not be successful without that extra sleep.

Tonight, I am working on a U.S. diplomatic history paper about the acquisition of the Philippines by the United States and trying to demystify the reasoning behind our want for the 7,000+ islands! It's been a work in progress since this is a WID class (writing in the disciplines).

I have a teaching assistant for the discussion of the class and she has already read my rough draft. I met with her again today to discuss my paper since I made some major edits (basically changing half of the 6 page paper.. ah!!). Now, I've been here in Gelman since 8 PM attempting to patch up some weird spots and make it sound good. It's not due until Thursday but I like to have one of my friends read over my papers for grammatical errors I might miss because I've been reading it over and over just like I wrote it.

I am equipped with a mug of hot chocolate, a water bottle, multicolor highlighters, my textbooks for the class, computer and charger, and hopefully won't be here much longer! I just wanted to give you all some insight into a night of lovely essay editing in Gelman :)

Hope to hear from all of you readers soon, ask me questions! marisaw@gwmail.gwu.edu
- Marisa

No comments:

Post a Comment