Saturday, December 11, 2010

Congrats Class of 2015!!! And a message to all those who also want to join :)

Congratulations to the first round of early decisions acceptances! Your hard work has paid off and now you will be attending a premier national university in one of the arguably most powerful cities in the world. CONGRATS!

For those other readers still maybe on the fence about applying to GW, I encourage you to take the chance. The worst they could possibly say is no, and at least you would have that conclusion and not be fearful of the lost potential. I encourage you to apply and give yourself the opportunity to join our family. And hey, even if you don’t do your undergraduate work here, there is always Grad school. Keep that in mind.

Like I said, welcome to the family!
For those of you who will eventually discover that you have been accepted to GW and now have to make a choice, I remember that painful decision as if it were one I made only a week ago. I applied to 26 colleges and universities my senior year (and by no means would I do that again or encourage that) and was accepted to 24 of them. My decision was tough. It was between GW, Wake Forest, Davidson, UT Austin, Texas A&M and Fordham. In the end, I chose G-dub because of the amazing financial aid they offered. Although they had the highest initial tuition, it was actually cheaper for me to attend here than it was to go to UT (my home school) even with their Valedictorian scholarship of first year tuition paid. In addition, GW captured my heart because of the opportunities to work alongside and for the different governmental bodies and organizations that almost all have a headquarter in DC. DC is an amazing college town with beautiful nature surrounding the historical center of US power. How could I ask for anything else? The decision was obvious after a month of critical thinking.

 So I wish you the best of luck on your impending decision. It will not be easy and hopefully you don’t have to choose from 24, but a smaller list doesn’t make the decision any easier. If I can help you in any way, please help me, but I might be a little biased as I do hail from GW :) I hope you make the right decision for you.

Please hit me up with any questions. I would be more than happy to talk and will respond ASAP.

Peace, Love and Cookies

-Brandon Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment