Friday, December 10, 2010

Georgetown Shopping Area

Every once in a while, I make a point to travel over the Georgetown area (not the school) since it is such a nice shopping area. It is also where I usually go and see movies (at the AMC Loews Georgetown theater), including the last two movies I have seen, Harry Potter 7 and Disney’s new movie, Tangled. On a side note, both of those movies are definitely worth seeing! I enjoyed them both immensely! What I like about this theater is its relatively close proximity to campus. It is only a 20-25 minute walk which isn’t too bad. Plus, it is a pretty nice walk to get there—passing the Watergate Complex and the waterfront area. I do not see too many movies while I am away in college, but I do make sure to see the ones that I want to.

Now back to the shopping. The Georgetown area has too many stores to name, including LuluLemon, Gap , American Apparel, The North Face , Adidas, Banana Republic, Barnes & Noble, BCBG, and Coach. Granted, it is probably not a great idea to go shopping here if you do not have some money to spend since there are so many great stores. I do not shop that often, but I do occasionally. Usually, I just window shop, which sucks, but whenever I go see a movie, I can’t help but walk past the stores and look around. In addition to all the shopping, the area also has quite a lot of places to eat so you do not starve while you shop. My personal favorites include Chipotle and Ben & Jerry's. Now, they do have nicer places to eat (like actual restaurants), but I tend to eat on the go while I am there.

In my opinion, the area is a nice place to go when you want to leave campus but not go to the National Mall.

-Christie

No comments:

Post a Comment