Friday, December 31, 2010

Playing with your Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa Gifts

Happy end of 2010!!!  I don't know about you but I am always glad to see the new year reigned in.  It is a world-wide ceremony!!

As you waiting to ring in the new year I am sure many of you will be playing with your new electronics, showing off your new clothes, or using your other fun toys.  So I thought I would share a practical way to use the biggest gift of the year...the Kindle.  While I did not receive a Kindle myself, I helped my mom pick one out for my dad.  And because my dad is, well, (and I mean this in the best of ways) technologically challenged, I offered to take it to Starbucks, register it, download a book and teach him how to use it. 


Of course there are a lot of great books you can buy for your Kindle.  And not only is it convenient for you to have all of those pages right at your finger tips, but did you know you can download text books too??  Amazon has a whole store for textbooks and other common reading assignments.  Buying books through this site will not only be a lot cheaper than buying books in paper form, but you won't have to lug them from class to class!

There are also lots of free books on Kindle because they are so old. haha.  Copyrights only last for so many years in this country so Charles Dickens and other classics are $0.00!!!  I am all about the free stuff!

Hope I taught you something you new Kindle users!  And I wish everyone a happy and safe new year!!

Email me if you have any questions!

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment