Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Sickness during finals

Getting sick is the worst thing to happen during finals season. I was bed-stricken from Thursday until yesterday and am finally recovering from a terrible cold. This is one of the unfortunate results of living with roommates and being in the library/any study room for more than 8 hours! I've been fighting my cold by drinking tons of juices, popping vitamin C pills and vitamins, and continuously washing my hands. Sadly, my roommate is sick again and she left this morning for the doctor's because of a fever of 103 degrees!
One great resource when sick on campus is the Student Health Center. You can either book an appointment easily online or to call office--my roommate was able to see someone immediately the next morning. Student Health accepts a number of health insurance providers and you can even buy health insurance from the university! Aside from going to Student Health when sick, the center also administers immunizations and medications for students studying abroad
 For more information about its services:  Student Health Website

Stay warm everyone!
Serena

No comments:

Post a Comment