Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Volleyball Banquet/ Christmas Party

On Saturday, we had our volleyball team banquet/Christmas Party at one of the freshmen’s houses (she lives only 30 minutes away). So we loaded up the GW vans and drove to her house. After spending all of your time in the city, it is nice to spend a little time in the suburbs; and our team always loves to go to another teammate’s house. The home cooked meals are always amazing and we get a little glimpse into what their life was like growing up. After eating frozen dinners for the last few days, a warm, home cooked meal was like a gift from heaven. It was delicious and made me even more excited to go home to more home cooked meals (that I don't have to cook myself) in exactly two weeks.Within 10 minutes of arriving, my team was huddled around the snacks (the team in a nutshell—revolved around food). Soon we ate the actual meal, then we simply sat in her living room near the beautiful Christmas tree and laughed for about an hour. After working hard all week preparing for exams, it was nice to sit around and have a good time without worrying about studying.

Then, the other highlight of the event (besides the food) took place—the Secret Santa gift exchange. A few weeks ago, we picked names in order to create a more Christmassy feel to our party. I love Christmas parties; there is always an overwhelming sense of joy. People are almost always in a good mood, the food is great (as you can tell, I love food), and the decorations are jolly. Even though it is rough not being with family during the entire holiday season, there are plenty of things to do while in college to continue the holiday cheer (like Christmas parties, such as this one). I just wish I owned one of those “wonderful” Christmas sweaters…maybe I will buy one for next year’s festivities.


-Christie

2 comments:

  1. what gift did you receive??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I received two things: a Godiva chocolate bar (peppermint flavored) and a book titled "Female Serial Killers: How and Why Women Become Monsters." This may seem odd and a little creepy, but my teammate knows that I am obsessed with criminal profiling. So I was really excited for the gift. I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete