Sunday, December 12, 2010

Criminal Law Mock Trial

During the second last week of classes, my Criminal Law class held a mock trial of one of the cases we were studying at the time. All of the roles were filled with students, the judge, the victim, the defendant, the defense counsel, the prosecution, and the jury. I, personally, was part of the jury. In my opinion, it was one of the best class periods that I have had this semester so far. It was interesting to watch some of my classmates act out the trial, acting as these people. Of course at times they broke character and started laughing, which made it even more entertaining (even though the nature of the case is quite grim and not comedy material).

As for the class, Criminal Law, as a whole, I have found it to be very interesting (especially since I am most likely going to be a Criminal Justice major). Reading all of the court cases takes quite a bit of time, but most of the cases are very intriguing and the professor is very knowledgeable.

In my opinion, activities like these are what make college classes more enjoyable than high school classes (at least I never had a mock trial like this in high school).

-Christie

No comments:

Post a Comment