Sunday, December 5, 2010

The Magic of Fix-it

Since I mentioned the other day about the heat being broken in my room and being absolutely freezing, I figured I would follow up on that and tell you how the situation worked out. So, my room was almost as cold as the temperature outside, and finally my roommate and I stopped being lazy and submitted a fixit request. Fixit, for those of you who are unfamiliar with it, according to their website, “manage and maintain GW’s property and grounds on all three of GW’s campuses including housekeeping, routine and emergency maintenance, moving services, pest control, project management, life safety upkeep, HVAC repairs, grounds maintenance, recycling / waste removal and energy management.” So, pretty much, if something is broken or wrong in your room, such as the heating, you can submit a fixit request 24/7 and they will come in a reasonable amount of time and fix your problem.

So, about 3 hours after submitting a request, someone from fixit came to my room and fixed my heating in about 10 minutes. And now, I am no longer bundled up like I live in an igloo. So, as you can see, as long as they are not extremely busy, they come pretty quickly (at least in my personal experiences). I love having fixit available to come fix things in the room because it makes me feel better knowing that I do not have to worry about fixing it (since I cannot do any home repairs whatsoever). In fact, this is the 3rd time that my roommates and I have requested fixit’s services and each time the problem was fixed relatively fast. Here is the website where students submit requests: http://facilities.gwu.edu/

-Christie

No comments:

Post a Comment