Sunday, December 19, 2010

Creative Gift Ideas

No matter what holiday you celebrate, DC has lots of creative ideas for gifts for family, friends, boyfriends, girlfriends, even pets!  I have taken this weekend to wrap up my Christmas shopping with making stops all around the city.

Yesterday a friend and I went to Metro Center for shopping at boutiques and other mainstream stores.  Our first stop was Lou Lou's Boutique.  My friend wanted to get a nice winter-wear gift for her mom and winter gear for herself.  We even found gloves with mitten cover plus a thumb slit so you can text in the cold!! so cool!

We also stopped at the annual holiday market right near the American Art Museum.  There I found two great pictures of the Lincoln Memorial to give to my boyfriend.  (He loves American history, especially Lincoln.)  Here is a link to the man who took the pictures.  There is nothing up right now, but maybe you can keep checking to see some great pieces of art.



Today I took a long walk around the city.  I started at the Freer Art Gallery to see an exhibit for class.  From there I walked up to Metro Center again stopping at Barnes and Noble to find a book for a friend.  And eventually ended up right back at the market.  I wanted to make one final stop of the day.  There was a Norman Rockwell exhibit at the American Art Gallery; paintings from the private collections of George Lucas and Steven Spielberg.  And I love Norman Rockwell.  So I wondered a little bit eventually ending up in the store where I picked up my final gifts for my family.  

For everyone else, I am giving my personal art work!  I have lots of bowls, cups, vases, and bottles that I made in my Wheel Thrown Ceramics class so I know my mom and aunts will appreciate the effort I put in to them.  It is like I am in 1st grade again, bringing home arts and crafts as my X-mas gifts. :)

that is the story of most of my gifts this season.  Also, for any last minute ideas threadless.com and the GWU bookstore are always great places to find something for everyone on your list!

Have a happy holiday everyone!

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment