Tuesday, December 7, 2010

It's Beginning To Look a Lot like Christmas...

Well, it's that time of year, folks -- the one you hear about from college students everywhere. Yes: it's finals time.

But before you run off to hole yourself up in Gelman, this isn't a finals angst post. I'm feeling way too jolly for that, as Christmas is rolling around. Lucky for me, my roommates and I have been taking a break from the craze to get ourselves in the festive spirit. Christmastime is my absolute favorite time of the year, and the holiday season at GW has not disappointed me. Check out how Christmas is hitting West Hall. (Sorry for the quality guys; Santa's gonna have to bring me a new camera upload cord so I don't have to keep abusing Photobooth).

 Welcome to the dorm, GW blog world! 

Snowflakes with our names on each door.

Our wrapped up door, complete with stockings, tinsel and even some mistletoe ;)

Stockings hung by the "Work Hard Play Harder" sign with care.

 Our very Charlie Brown-esque tree: all it needs is a little love!

 Presents early. :)

 We're never without Christmas music in here.

And... not without Christmas boxes for wrapping.

Our hall has a competition for who has the best decorations, and we are itching to win! 

Coming from a VERY festive family, I really felt disheartened that I'd be away from them during the Christmas season. The nice thing is, I've got a brand new family here at GW, and we're all taking part in making our time here just as merry as it would be at home. My roommates and I will be taking a trip to see the tree on the National Mall once it's lit, like I'd go to see the tree in Rockefeller Center back in New York. And thankfully, none of us have become Grinches with finals rolling around; we play Christmas music in our study rooms in Eckles, and study by the light of the tree at night!

I hope you're finding the holidays just as festive where you are, whether it's across campus or across the world. Keep your spirits high during finals, and if you need a little Christmas reminder, just stop on by! ;)

See you around campus,
Gina Michele

No comments:

Post a Comment