Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Using Break to Catch Up!

Finally, I am relaxing at home in Portland, Oregon, trying to rest up from the hard semester I just got through. It's hard to imagine it went by so fast but that now there are only a few weeks before we begin again- back into the swing of things!!

While I am home, there were a few things that kept me from enjoying myself completely up until today. While I was able to come home last Thursday, which was relatively early compared to most people (my roommate just got home!), I had a paper due over email on Saturday and then a final on Blackboard on Monday. The paper had been a work in progress for several weeks so it wasn't too bad to finish and then the final was multiple choice and took me about an hour. Now that they're done, I feel like I need to find other things to do!!

This week, I am busying myself with looking at study abroad options for next fall as well as other student organizations to get involved with- both things I have been putting off because of finals and stress. I am applying to GlobeMed, a global public health student organization on campus that seems really active and fun. For study abroad, I am looking at some SIT programs where you take classes and then also do your own research project! There is a really cool program in Chile focused on community public health and traditional medicine which interests me. I'll keep you all updated!

For now, I am going over to a friend's house to roast marshmallows and catch up :) Hope everyone is having a good break from school and enjoying the weather, wherever you may be!

If anyone has any questions on life at GW please always feel free to email me at marisaw@gwmail.gwu.edu.
- Marisa

No comments:

Post a Comment