Sunday, December 12, 2010

ThingsToDoDC.com

So I attended a Holiday Cocktail Fundraiser the other night at the French Embassy. The event was hosted by Things To Do D.C.: Experiences For Young Professionals." According to the website, it is the premiere organization for socializing and networking with fellow young professionals with 200,000 local young professionals. 
This was the first time I've been to the Embassy and it's absolutely gorgeous! It's the largest French Embassy in the United States and is located next to Georgetown University. Initially, I wasn't sure what the event was, beyond the fact that I needed to wear an evening dress (my friend invited me last minute). It was until I arrived did I realize it was a Monte Carlo themed fundraiser for the Children's National Medical Center in DC. I met a number of interesting people at the event including a manager at the World Bank and ran into a GW alum! It's interesting to be exposed to the lifestyle of a young professional, which I'm quickly entering once I graduate in May!

No comments:

Post a Comment