Friday, November 12, 2010

Blast From The Past- My Freshman Schedule Part II

Hey guys, I thought I would continue with my last post talking about my freshman year. That post includes my fall classes while this one will cover the spring! Here are the 5 classes I took in the spring semester, which again all filled requirements for the Elliott School except for the biology class:

Intro to International Affairs: The supposed dreaded class of freshman year for IAFF majors, I didn't find this class too horrible. While topics I am interested such as human rights, NGOs, and health across the globe weren't really introduced until the end of the course, it gives a great background into IAFF.

Intro to Macroeconomics: The second half of econ classes required, this focused on national economic issues such as unemployment, inflations, how money is controlled, and so on. It was really interesting to learn some background but the concepts seemed harder for me to grasp than microeconomics. Some people say the opposite.

French 10 Culture and Society II: The continuation of the 3rd year of a foreign language, this course focused on political systems in France and grammar. I enjoyed it mostly because I had a great teacher!

Africa Problems and Prospects: While this class was a bit dull at times, I loved learning the current events and it definitely helped me gain some background knowledge before I studied abroad in Botswana (see my post here). The only frustrating thing is that your grade is based off of a midterm and final, both 50%.

Biology For Science Majors: Okay, you're probably super confused now. Why the heck would I try taking this class if I don't need it/am not a science major? It's because I am thinking about being pre-med, and would rather use my elective space to fill those credits. It has been one of the best courses I've taken at GW so far, focusing on ecology, evolution, population biology, diversity, and animals.

Questions? Need help structuring a good freshman schedule? marisaw@gwmail.gwu.edu
- Marisa

No comments:

Post a Comment